Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gail Grinnell's amazing art

Today I had a great time in a wonderful class at Pratt taught by Kiki Macinnis, we used ink on glassine, dripped ink and squeezed ink between pages (there's a name for this but I've forgotten. I showed Kiki a little of my work and she suggested I look at Gail Grinnell's art. I'd seen it before at the Bellevue Art Museum but not remembered her name. OH boy! Ink and sewing and translucency and breaking off the rectangle of the canvas/page/whatever.  But what in the world is spun polyester? Anyway, check this out.



It was very hard to choose. See more at:
http://www.gailgrinnell.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for re-introducing me to Gail Grinnell. I had met her in 2002 at UW, but forgot how sublime her work is. Love those lines!

    ReplyDelete